Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The ABC's of Kissing Boys by Tina Ferraro

The ABC's of Kissing Boys by Tina Ferraro
Publication Date: January 13, 2009
Versions: paperback, kindle

Summary (from barnesandnoble.com):
Parker Stanhope has played soccer practically since she could walk. And now that she’s a high school junior, everything she’s worked for is finally coming together. She’s paid her dues on the field, and as an upperclassman, she’s a shoo-in for the varsity team. But that’s not what happens.



This year, Coach Hartley moved up every JV player but two—and one of those two was Parker. Now, she’s stuck with the freshmen, her friends are cutting her loose, and her love of the game is seriously beginning to fail. But Parker is determined to get her life back. She has to get on the varsity team, and she has the perfect plan. All she needs now is the right kind of coach.

The ABC's of Kissing Boys by Tina Ferraro starts out with Parker learning she didn't make the varsity team and is very upset about it and the fact that her friends are now leaving her out. So in order to get back into her friend group and on the Varsity team, she has to do something about it-and that something involves her neighbor. This is a really cute book, and it's about kissing-and who doesn't like a book about kissing?

Each chapter starts out with the name of a kiss (starting with A and ending with Z) and then it states the definition of that kiss. And within that chapter, that kiss happens-which is super cute and I loved how she followed the alphabet.

Will I reread it?
Most defiantly.

This book was just a really light, fun read that I suggest it to every age group including those younger teens and older teens. It was just very enjoyable.

17 comments:

emily said...

That sounds like a fun book!Great review:]

Diana said...

I've been interested in reading this book for a while. Thanks for the review!

Anonymous said...

I'd read it just to figure out what kiss name starts with a Z!

Darlyn said...

interesting title..i never know there's a name for every kiss!

Shantal said...

Thanks for the review :), sounds like fun I will add this book to my TBR pile :)

Sara said...

Great review! You should read "top ten uses for an unworn prom dress" if you haven't already - that's my favorite Ferraro book! :) It's awesome!

aloi (guiltlessreading) said...

here from the book blogger hop! and becoming your fan too...

the title alone looks interesting, plus great review! how come no one ever taught me how to kiss? ;P

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

A rereader!! Awesome

Morgan said...

reederreads-Lol, you defiantly should!

Darlyn-I didn't know either until I read this book.

YA Vampire Books-I haven't read top ten uses for an unworn prom dress, but I will since I really like Tina Ferrera's writing style

Billy Burgess said...

April Fools Day.

http://ramblingsofacoffeeaddictedwrter.blogspot.com/2010/04/april-fools-day-blog-hop.html

Unknown said...

You've won an award over at my site!

www.zoreads.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review. I'll look out for it.

ObsessedWithReading said...

Hi! I found you through the Friday Blog Hop and ma glad I did - great blog!

My Book Barn said...

Great review! Just hopping by! Have a great weekend!

Priya Parmar said...

Hello, I found you from the blog hop. You write beautifully!

Suzy Thompson said...

great review! looks like a fun one!

yanmaneee said...

golden goose sneakers
nike air force 1 high
balenciaga shoes
golden goose sneakers
nike cortez women
air jordan shoes
yeezy shoes
yeezy boost 350
off white hoodie
yeezy supply