Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bloom by Elizabeth Scott

Bloom by Elizabeth Scott
Publication Date: April 24, 2007
Versions: paperback, kindle

Summary (from barnesandnoble.com):
Lauren has a good life: decent grades, great friends, and a boyfriend every girl lusts after. So why is she so unhappy?



It takes the arrival of Evan Kirkland for Lauren to figure out the answer: She's been holding back. She's been denying herself a bunch of things (like sex) because staying with her loyal and gorgeous boyfriend, Dave, is the "right" thing to do. After all, who would give up the perfect boyfriend?


But as Dave starts talking more and more about their life together, planning a future Lauren simply can't see herself in — and as Lauren's craving for Evan, and moreover, who she is with Evan becomes all the more fierce — Lauren realizes she needs to make a choice...before one is made for her.

Elizabeth Scott is an amazing writer. She knows how to make you connect with each of her characters throughout the whole book, almost as if you're experiencing them yourself. And this one was no different. There was something so human about Lauren and Evan's relationship and even though she already had a boyfriend I kept cheering them on the whole way through.

Lauren's father was kind of annoying and awful. I could hardly stand reading about him or how he couldn't remember anything, especially about his ex girlfriends. But I loved the reaction of Lauren seeing Evan again after they haven't seen eachother for a long time and end up getting seated by eachother during school. You can almost feel that pure awkwardness radiating from the book. And how they can hardly speak clearly to eachother at first.

Will I reread it?
I already have, and I have no doubt I will again. This is truly one of my favorite Elizabeth Scott books.

10 comments:

Diana said...

I haven't read any books by Elizabeth Scott but I think I will. I really liked your review.

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Pretty cover! It's great when an author allows you to connect with the characters. Happy to hear that this book was good!

Anonymous said...

Yes! It's crazy how Elizabeth can get the reader to feel as if they're experiencing those intense feelings taking place in her books. I LOVE Bloom. It's my favourite next to Perfect You.

Jess F. said...

Bloom is a good book! But Something, Maybe is still my fave of Elizabeth Scott's books so far! =0)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great read! Thanks for the suggestion!

Whitney said...

I haven't read anything by Elizabeth Scott, but your review is tempting me. I love when the author gives the reader a deep connection with its characters.

Corrine said...

I've never heard of this one before. I'll definitely have to check it out! Thanks for the great review! :)

Sarah said...

I love this book by Elizabeth Scott. Her writing is absolutely superb!

Blueicegal ♥ said...

I couldn't get into this one unfortunately :(

chenmeinv0 said...

retro jordan shoes
cheap rolex watches
ugg uk
prada handbags
louis vuitton usa
cheap ray ban sunglasses
oakley sunglasses outlet
mcm handbags
louboutin shoes
canada goose femme
20171.4chenjinyan