Sunday, June 27, 2010

Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson

Claire de Lune, by Christine JohnsonClaire de Lune by Christine Johnson (ARC)
Publication Date: May 18, 2010
Versions: hardcover, kindle
Received from: Jami's ARC tours

Summary (from barnesandnoble.com):
Torn between two destinies?


Claire is having the perfect sixteenth birthday. Her pool party is a big success, and gorgeous Matthew keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she's the only girl there. But that night, she discovers something that takes away all sense of normalcy: she's a werewolf.


As Claire is initiated into the pack of female werewolves, she must deal not only with her changing identity, but also with a rogue werewolf who is putting everyone she knows in danger. Claire's new life threatens her blossoming romance with Matthew, whose father is leading the werewolf hunt. Now burdened with a dark secret and pushing the boundaries of forbidden love, Claire is struggling to feel comfortable in either skin. With her lupine loyalty at odds with her human heart, she will make a choice that will change her forever.

I've been reading a lot of werewolf books in the past month, because I love them. But this one was very different. It started out with Claire throwing a pool party for her sixteenth birthday party. And Matthew ends up going and talking to her. She has liked him for a long time and can't believe he's actually taking interest in her. But Matthew's father is a werewolf hunter and when Claire's mother tells her she is a werewolf, Claire knows she's in for some trouble.

It was very refreshing that there were only female werewolves-which doesn't happen in a lot of books. I liked both Matthew and Claire as characters but together they didn't really make sense. I was a little confused about their attraction to each other at first. It felt a little rushed.

Will I reread it?
I don't know, but I enjoyed it and am looking forward to future releases from Christine Johnson. Even though I was a little disappointed with the romance aspect of it, it was a cute summer read that I recommend to any werewolf lovers.

2 comments:

Darlyn said...

Seems like it is quite a let down. Hope I'll read this very soon ;p

Cindy said...

I read this and my thoughts are a little similar to yours. Great review :)