Monday, November 15, 2010

Top Five Favorite Covers

Covers are a huge part of the book-especially when it's the first thing you see when you pull a book off the shelf. And I am a huge cover fan-I will occasionally just hold the book in my arms and admire the colors and images on the cover. There have been some books that I have especially loved their art and I want to share my top five favorite book covers with all of you.


(By the way: these covers are not listed in any particular order)

1. You Wish by Mandy Hubbard

The pink color of this cover just pops and I love the cupcake theme which goes very well with the plot line. Whenever I look at this one-my childhood comes back to me and the bright colors cheer me up.

2. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

This cover is really soft with its lighter tones and fits very well with the book. I love how intimate their pose is even though they are barely touching. Also the eyebrow piercing kicks up the cover a little bit to show a bad side to the female character. 


3. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

I love the color purple and this cover is filled with it. The girl on the front looks very powerful and strong and the flowers make it so beautiful. Every time I look at this one-it takes my breath away.


4. Matched by Ally Condie

This cover is so much prettier in person (although I've only seen the ARC copy)-but I love everything about it. The green is absolutely delightful and the girl in the bubble ties in with the story very well.

5. The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

I've always admired this cover because it's unique. And the purple is so pretty against the girls pale skin. And I love the toenail polish which stands out on her pale skin and dark background.


So there it is-my top five favorite book covers. And please feel free to make your own post on your blog with your top five favorite book covers and leave a comment with the link. I will make sure to check it out!


4 comments:

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Great choices! I love the cover of Going Too Far (and love what is inside even more)

Morgan said...

Just Your Typical Book Blog-Me too! Lol

Sara said...

Great choices! The cover for Nightshade is stunning and You Wish soo sweet!
Great idea for a blog post!I'll try to rank my favorite covers a well :)

chenmeinv0 said...

canada goose sale
tory burch shoes
fitflops sale
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton
warriors jerseys
ugg outlet online
canada goose jackets
chanel bags
toms outlet
20171.4chenjinyan