Friday, June 17, 2011

Spring Into Summer Read-a-Thon Updates

I will be posting all of my updates throughout the next two days on this post so it won't fill up other people's blog rolls!!!


Report #1
1. Well, I didn't read as much as I hoped I would. But I was cleaning and catching up on writing. So this is when the real reading begins.

  • Total Books read: 0
  • Total pages read: 147
  • Books read since last update: 0
  • Pages read since last update: 82
  • Total Time Read: 2 hours 15 minutes
  • How I'm currently feeling: I feel ready to get down to more reading. I'm going to try to read through the whole night
2. I've only read Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley (and I'm not even done with it) but I'm enjoying it. 

3. My favorite mini challenge was the story maker-it was really fun to read everyone's stories (a lot of them were very creative!)

4. My favorite thing about the read-a-thon is all the fun mini challenges

5. I think my least favorite thing about the read-a-thon would have to be probably not having enough time to read-but that's mostly my fault

6. I'm not on track to meet my goals, but I'm still determined to finish five books

7. Yes, I will be participating tomorrow. My new goal is to stay away reading the whole night! 





Update #3:

  • Total books read:0
  • Total pages read: 65
  • Books read since last update: 0
  • Pages read since last update: 0
  • Total Time Read: 65 minutes
  • How I'm currently feeling: tired and like I want to read a lot more than I'm doing right now

Mini Challenge: For this challenge, I have to write 100 words or less into a story using the words: Shaman, Lime, Laser, and Goat. Sounds fun, right?

So here it goes:

Rick Shaman and Lester Goat have always been somewhat uncomfortable with each other. Most of that time was spent at family dinners with Shaman and Goat sitting across each other, making faces at each other while eating their peas. Their parents were talking about school transportation and maybe using the idea of carpool. Shaman made a face at that, not wanting to spend any more time around Goat. And Goat didn't look much happier, they both looked horrified while looking at their parents. But then they looked at each other and something changed on their faces-agreeing on something. They both nod their heads once before Shaman grabs a lime out of his lemonade and hands it under the table to Goat. Goat then places the lime on his spoon, aiming at his mom. Before letting it go, Goat looks at Shaman and smiles, Shaman smiling in return. Returning to his task, Goat lets the spoon fling the lime like a laser and lands directly on top of his moms head. She's startled with a shriek but Goat and Shaman continue to smile at each other-the start to a friendship.

Lol, okay that was pretty fun. I love writing so this task wasn't difficult at all. I hope everyone else is doing well on the read-a-thon. I wish you the best of luck!





Update #2:
  • Total Books Read: 0
  • Total Pages Read: 65
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 65
  • Total time read: 65
  • How I'm currently feeling: I'm feeling a little overwhelmed because I have to clean the house today and fill out my college forms so I hope it doesn't affect the read-a-thon

Mini Challenge: Here is my wordle-I've never done this before but it was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed this mini challenge:
Wordle: Smitten With Books

Sorry it's so small but whenever I tried to make it bigger-it gets blurry. I made this wordle by typing in my blog, Smitten With Books, website address


4 comments:

emily said...

I've noticed that you're reading Anne of Green Gables....C: Have you read Emily of New Moon yet? It's really good.

Morgan said...

Hey Milli, I haven't read that yet...I was debating because it sounded really good and I love Anne of Green Gables. Do you recommend it?

Julie said...

Good luck with the read-a-thon! I'm hoping to get five done, too, but yesterday had lots of interruptions!

Morgan said...

Lol, me too Julie! I haven't even read two books yet